The last term went by so fast that I hardly had begun writing for my blog, before it was over. Well, I guess true is that it was a busy term, but that should not serve as an excuse. After coming back from my awesome road trip with Sören, I had three weeks of leisure time, before my so far craziest term in this MBA started. Next to finishing up 13 credits of core classes, I had the insanity to choose an elective. Everything went well, however, and I had some interesting classes such as business strategy, organizational management and new product management. As a proof though that I was not only studying the whole time, I attached pictures of some fun activities that I did during the fall. Most importantly, of course, I moved into my new home. Since September I have been living in a big house on the East side of Portland owned by Max and Vanessa. Max is a classmate of mine. Apart from Max and Vanessa, another roommate, Nate, is living in the house. And of course I should not forget the coolest cat in town ‘Vino’ (see pictures). The house is very pretty as you can see in the pictures and it is located right in the middle of a lovely neighbourhood. I just love the East side. It is very unique and there are a lot of really good bars, restaurants and cafes. We have a $3 movie theatre a couple of blocks away and a local bar that shows German soccer. What do you want more? Another highlight was my attendance of the 2009 Net Impact Conference in Ithaca, New York. Net Impact, I should probably explain to those who don’t know, is an international non-profit organization whose goal is to use the power of businesses to create a more socially and environmentally sustainable world. The membership is made up of student and professional chapters. I’m a member of our Net Impact student chapter at PSU. As a member of this chapter I got a stipend to attend the conference with the overall subject “Advancing Sustainable Global Enterprises”. Not only that I got the chance to travel to the East Coast of which I have only seen New York so far, there were also a lot of really interesting speakers. I spear you with details, but the most prominent was probably the CEO of General Electrics, Jeffrey Immelt, although he was definitely not the most impressive one. So far so good, here are some pictures from my fall 2009 in Portland.
![]() |
| Fall Term |

Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen