My new term
My new term started very slowly. I have only three classes this term and am starting on my business project which we all have to do instead of writing a thesis. A fact, that I appreciate a lot. The best of all is that I only have one core class left, so the majority of classes I do this term are all chosen by me. That makes a bit of a difference. I’m especially excited about my business project. We are five people in our team. We work for a small company, Hinge Digital, which was founded last year by three animators who decided that they had enough of California and moved to Portland. Our main task will be to give them recommendations in relation to how they should position and market themselves being a brand new start-up company. It is very exciting since I have never worked with a start-up company and I have no idea about the entertainment industry especially the wide field of animation. Apart from my business project I’m doing the “Cases in Financial Analysis” and “Introduction to Entrepreneurship” classes. Don’t ask me how I came up with this combination. So far I like both classes very much. Although I assume that I will definitely be fed up with case studies after this finance class, since that is all we do. I sometimes feel lost with all the finance specialists, but I’m fighting my way through it. For the other elective we have to work on our individual business ideas, which is a very interesting process and one I have never done before. Let’s see, maybe I will end up as an entrepreneur. Hey, I hope I do not hear anyone laughing at this point. I have no new pictures to add for you today, but I have a big birthday bash coming up and hopefully some good pictures that come with it.
Mittwoch, 27. Januar 2010
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen