I know it has been a long time and by now all the euphoria about Barack Obama being elected has long give way to a more realistic view on the difficult tasks Obama will face as soon as he is in office. However, I still would like to give you a short look back on what I actually did on election night and about the impression I got. It was the first time ever that I went on an election party. I’m usually used to follow the election results in front of a TV while doing some other stuff. This time I was drawn by the excitement of the people around me. Already following the campaign was something new to me. Compared to that campaigning in Germany is really boring. As I showed you on one of my pictures, could you imagine finding Merkel or Steinmeier outfits to buy in stores? However, I have to say that the debates in Germany seem to be more fun, because the candidates Obama and McCain were usually quite nice to each other (at least during the debates). Anyways I wanted to see how the Americans are spending the election night on such an historical election. I ended up attending two parties, so I can tell you that I had enough of celebration on that night. Most impressing to me was just to see how happy and relieved especially here in Portland (traditionally democratic) the people were once Obama was announced as the president elected. It was clearly a historical moment and I was glad I could experience it. When Obama held his speech I’m sure a lot of the people around me were close to or actually crying. I added some pictures of the election night in the Random pictures album. Unfortunately the quality is not that good.
![]() |
| Random |

Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen