Donnerstag, 7. Mai 2009

Spring Break

Yes, I'm still alive and doing fine. :) That happens when you take on a New Year's resolution about writing posts on your blog on a regular basis. It just does not works out. As a consequence it is over a month ago since you last heard of me. In the meantime I enjoyed a very nice holiday with Sören who came over to visit me for about three weeks. As I had Spring break, we were able to go on a week long road trip along the Californian and Oregon coast. Our travel itinerary arranged for a flight from Portland to Oakland as our first stop would be in San Francisco. After two nights in SF we would pick up our car to drive south along Big Sur. This seemed like a great plan, except for the problem that our airline had different plans for us. As the flight was overbooked, there was only one spot left on the plane. After long discussions with the airline, we decided that I would take the spot that would at least guarantee me and both of our luggage to arrive in Oakland as planned. Sören was rescheduled on a flight to Seattle where he supposedly could have catched the next flight to Oakland (arrival time 10pm). Well, of course the plane going to Seattle was delayed. At the end our holiday started with Sören staying in Seattle overnight and me enjoying our hotel room in SF alone.

After such a bumpy start we deserved a beautiful roadtrip with nice weather and no other incidents which turned out to be true for us. Over the next week we spent a great week traveling through California and Oregon as you can assure yourself of in the following pictures:


Spring Break & Ski Trip Mount Hood Meadows


After returning from our roadtrip I had to split my schedule between university and spending my time with Sören. The prioritization of tasks in this case was pretty simple. We spent as much time as we could together and amongst others went on a long weekend skiing trip to Mount Hood (see pictures). After Sören left, the "boring" life of a MBA student started again and I'm right in the middle of the term trying to keep up with the deadlines for our assignments.

Keine Kommentare: